Bad Name, Good Song

If you've been over at Scenestars recently (and really, if you haven't, I'd like to know why; Scenestars could kick Dostoevsky's ass any day of the week), you've probably noticed that they've got supposed links to these Harlan T. Bobo songs plastered all over the place. The problem is: the links don't work. (I was just going to link to their page, call it a day and start injesting my Tylenol 3 early today.)

I downloaded a song called "Too Much Love" from there back in the summer, and I loved it so much that I almost finally got around to buying the whole album. (Except that the Shangri-La Records website is tacking $6.40 onto the $11.99 CD price for shipping and handling. What the fuck? It doesn't cost me $6.40 to send one CD across state lines. How are they sending it? By vampire bat? Gypsy caravan? I don't mind paying for music that I want, but I don't so much enjoy getting bent over and raped. I do however need to get the CD; I just haven't figured out my strategy yet.)

So, anyway, in case you missed it the first time around, here's the song, garbled lyrics and all. (Is he saying, "And it's all that niggah-high cocaine!"? And, if so, what the hell does that mean?) And I do think that Mr. Bobo has a point: there is far far too much love in this world. Someone should do something about that.

mp3: Harlan T. Bobo - Too Much Love


Update: As you may find in the comments below, there is some small controversy about whether or not the Scenestars link to Mr. Bobo's mp3s work or not. It turns out, they do, so feel free to go there and download his other song, "Stop." (It's my suspicion that Scenestar Rachel fixed the broken links just to make me look foolish.)

Excuse me, but I have to sweep up the shattered remnants of my ego.

6 things said:

Blogger Rachelandthecity said this thing...

Dude, my links like totally work!

6:17 AM  

Blogger Rachelandthecity said this thing...

P.S. The record is awesome! try

http://www.goner-records.com/index/mainpage/mainpage.html

6:18 AM  

Blogger (d.d.c.) said this thing...

Wow! You're, like, my favorite scenestar. I'm so honored to have offended you!

Anyway, it's not entirely impossible that I'm stupid. In fact it's pretty likely. I couldn't get those links to work on the day that I was trying to get them to work. I'll try again and if I can get them to work, I'll update the post.

9:53 AM  

Blogger Rachelandthecity said this thing...

You're funny. I like that in a blogger.

7:03 PM  

Blogger Rachelandthecity said this thing...

P.S. You got The Email of the Day on my personal blog.

(and you might be right about that link fixing thing)

http://rachelandthecity.com/archives/2005_01.php#001341

7:49 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said this thing...

evening, shangri-la isn't really charging $6 for shipping, apparently if you continue the ordering prossess you'll find the $6 is for over-seas,(still pricey).

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back



Being a repository for unpopular opinons, self-deprecation, some mp3s and very little about Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky.


email

fyodor.dostoevsky at gmail.com


archives

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
February 2006


places

Matthew Tobey
Utter Wonder
Lindsayism
Maud Newton
J. Edward Keyes


mp3 places

Scenestars
Stereogum
Songs: Illinois
Big Rock Candy Mountain
Bars & Guitars
Heraclitus Sayz
Ween FTP
Songs To Wear Pants To
MP3 Jackpot
Public Domain 4U