Fuck yeah!

For my taste, there's just not enough cursing in modern music. I don't know when this change happened. Those old Verde and Mozart operas were mostly just streams of obscenities shreiked over some pretty music. "You fucking cunt! You put poison in my fucking wine! You miserable bitch, I'm fucking dying now!" (That's why you really need to read the translations to fully appreciate the songs.) Somewhere along the way, we've become very conservative.

Anyway, I was really happy to discover the eponymous single Martha Wainwright's debut EP, Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole. Man, it is some sweet sweet cursing. And she has a real way with it. Some people curse well and some people don't. I think that I curse like a champ. I know my mother does. And Martha Wainwright does as well.

The thing is, though, it's actually a very pretty song, even without the sweet sweet curse words.

mp3: Martha Wainwright - Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole

0 things said:

Post a Comment

<< Back



Being a repository for unpopular opinons, self-deprecation, some mp3s and very little about Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky.


email

fyodor.dostoevsky at gmail.com


archives

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
February 2006


places

Matthew Tobey
Utter Wonder
Lindsayism
Maud Newton
J. Edward Keyes


mp3 places

Scenestars
Stereogum
Songs: Illinois
Big Rock Candy Mountain
Bars & Guitars
Heraclitus Sayz
Ween FTP
Songs To Wear Pants To
MP3 Jackpot
Public Domain 4U