On the philosophy of Mendelssohn (not really)

Has it really been a month since I last updated this site? (A: Yes.) Man, so much has changed since I last posted. I feel like an entirely different person. Let's see... well... um... yeah, I did... no, that was last year. Oh, wait; I got a haircut.

Yep, I got my hair cut, and I feel like a new man. Woo boy! There is nothing like getting your hair cut to enliven the ol' blood in your veins.

Yeah...

This sucks. I suck. I really wanted to be a better blogger this time around. I don't know how many times I've promised myself that I would make a concerted effort to post something every day. Then I thought if I at least updated once a week, just to let people know I have fallen into a wheat thrasher, that would be okay. Now, I've let a whole month slip. Somebody should really punch me in the neck. (Note: Please don't punch me in the neck.)

Oh, here's something that's actually kind of new and exciting if you get excited about geeky things: I have a whole new band to obsess over.

A few months ago, I ordered I Am a Cold Rock, I Am Dull Grass, the Will Oldham tribute album released by Tract Records, and it came with a sampler CD of some of the bands in Tract's catalogue. And they're all really good. Low Fi. DIY. My kind of thing. (For some reason, I'm really into music that sounds like it was recorded in the towel closet of my bathroom.) I'm slowly making my way through it, but one of the bands has already jumped out at me; The Strugglers.

Actually, the Strugglers are for all intents and purposes, one guy named Randy Bickford. I went to their website, downloaded a bunch of songs and then ordered two CDs, which just arrived on Monday. They are now getting regular airtime on my iPod. It reminds me a bit of Smog, for no intelligent reason, but it's what I'm going with.

Here's the song that totally sold me.

mp3: The Strugglers - On the Way to the Grave

1 things said:

Anonymous Anonymous said this thing...

I like it! Also, thanks to you, Bob and I are listening to Bloody Motherfucking Asshole quite a bit.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back



Being a repository for unpopular opinons, self-deprecation, some mp3s and very little about Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky.


email

fyodor.dostoevsky at gmail.com


archives

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
February 2006


places

Matthew Tobey
Utter Wonder
Lindsayism
Maud Newton
J. Edward Keyes


mp3 places

Scenestars
Stereogum
Songs: Illinois
Big Rock Candy Mountain
Bars & Guitars
Heraclitus Sayz
Ween FTP
Songs To Wear Pants To
MP3 Jackpot
Public Domain 4U